If you are purchasing residential property Pakistan with the express purpose of renting it out, keep the following in mind:
- Select small to medium sized properties (200 to 500 square yards) in popular, secure residential areas because they are in higher demand, as a re properties located on main roads.
- Look out for houses that can be divided into portions for higher rental yields.
- Choose houses that are well-maintained; you will be able to ask for a higher rent.
- Apartments in complexes that are located on a corner plot facing a main road are preferable and yield higher rentals, as do apartments located on the first floor or second floor.
- Apartments in well-maintained and smaller complexes (with 25 to 50 units), usually have higher rentals compared to larger complexes (with 100 to 200 units)
- Although premium four-bedroom units may get you higher rentals, they are within the reach of many pockets; you are better off with a standard two- or three-bedroom apartment in a well maintained complex.
- Facilities including UPS', generators, overhead water storage tanks and windows grills are an added advantage.